hanashir

[HANASHIR:14105] Re: Music Theory and Ear Training Software

Dear Steve,

I would be interested to know where you are in your studies...a first place
to start in ear training is interval recognition and relations of intervals
within the octave...

If what you're really interested in is how to figure out harmonic structure
in order to be able to construct the chords for a melody, the place to begin
is with a book that teaches basic harmony -- the relationships of tonic,
sub-dominant and dominant as well as their related minors...

Rather than asking generalized questions, I think those of us with strong
conservatory backgrounds might be able to guide you better if you can give
us a clear picture of your goals.

Sharon Steinberg