hanashir

[HANASHIR:14005] Re: Ladino Wedding Songs

At 04:15 PM 4/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>In the end, my wife and I decided to have a friend sing Scalerica de Oro
>for us ("A ladder of gold and ivory so our little bride can go up and take
>her marriage vows. We've come to see, we've come to see, may they have joy
>and prosper and always be happy."). We also considered Los Bilbilicos and
>Morenica. I think sheet music and recordings of the former two are
>available on Kol Dodi: Jewish Music for Weddings, available from
>Transcontinental Music. I did not find a recorded copy of Morenica but I
>know there are folks on the list who will offer to sing it for your voicemail.

The Zamir Chorale of Boston has made recordings of some of these, see:

http://www.zamir.org/playlist.html

I believe the music is availalbe from Transcon...

Morenica
Braun, Yehezkel, arr.
Format:SATB, Piano, Optional Solo (High/Med)
http://www.uahc.org/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi?theme=trans&ACTION=SEARCH&SEARCH_FIELD=NAME%3BCOMPOSER%3BCOMMENTS%3BMEDIUM%3BSKUID&SEARCH_LOGIC=AND&HEADER=Results+of+your+search&SEARCH_SPEC=morenica&SUBMIT.x=25&SUBMIT.y=17

Laura

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->