From: Laura Ferguson [mailto:allenderl (at) acm(dot)org]
Sent: Friday, 4 April 2003 10:31 a.m.
To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
Subject: [HANASHIR:14005] Re: Ladino Wedding Songs

At 04:15 PM 4/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:

In the end, my wife and I decided to have a friend sing Scalerica de Oro for
us ("A ladder of gold and ivory so our little bride can go up and take her
marriage vows. We've come to see, we've come to see, may they have joy and
prosper and always be happy."). We also considered Los Bilbilicos and
Morenica. I think sheet music and recordings of the former two are available
on Kol Dodi: Jewish Music for Weddings, available from Transcontinental
Music. I did not find a recorded copy of Morenica but I know there are folks
on the list who will offer to sing it for your voicemail.

The Zamir Chorale of Boston has made recordings of some of these, see:

http://www.zamir.org/playlist.html

I believe the music is availalbe from Transcon...

Morenica
Braun, Yehezkel, arr.
Format:SATB, Piano, Optional Solo (High/Med)
http://www.uahc.org/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi?theme=trans&ACTION=SEARCH&SEARCH
_FIELD=NAME%3BCOMPOSER%3BCOMMENTS%3BMEDIUM%3BSKUID&SEARCH_LOGIC=AND&HEADER=R
esults+of+your+search&SEARCH_SPEC=morenica&SUBMIT.x=25&SUBMIT.y=17
<http://www.uahc.org/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi?theme=trans&ACTION=SEARCH&SEARC
H_FIELD=NAME%3BCOMPOSER%3BCOMMENTS%3BMEDIUM%3BSKUID&SEARCH_LOGIC=AND&HEADER=
Results+of+your+search&SEARCH_SPEC=morenica&SUBMIT.x=25&SUBMIT.y=17>

Laura

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->