hanashir

[HANASHIR:9584] Re: Apples and Honey (and old dances)

At our Sunday School teacher training this evening, our Hebrew teacher was
asked to teach the children the blessing for apples and honey.  She did not
know it, but I was sure someone on this list would.  Or at least direct me to
where I can find it.  Also, is there a melody line for this blessing?  She
would like to teach that also if available.

Second request:  At the end of the first day of Sunday School, I will gather
all of the students together to make and decorate shaker eggs.  When done, we
will use them to accompany a circle dance which I would like to end with (and
here is where I need help) a sort of line dance that I can't remember the
name of.  This will test the memories of our older readers.  Remember the
dance where two lines were formed and the first two people at the head of the
lines would dance in between the lines and end up at the other end?  All I
can remember is teased hairdos and bias cut skirts.  Will anyone admit to
remembering what that dance was called?  I know I'll wake up at 3 this
morning and think of it.

Thanks to all for your help.  I can't wait to let you know how my first day
of teaching goes.  I hope the anticipation (and the work) doesn't overshadow
the results.

Linda Barton
Congregation B'nai Dorot

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->