hanashir

[HANASHIR:5283] RE: Children's Bedtime materials?

My vote would definately be for the Hashkiveinu, written by Mah Tovu...it's
a beautiful melody that, granted, very young children would not be able to
sing, however, I know of a couple of couples who sing it to their children
before they go to sleep, and I assume that when those children start
talking, they'll probably be pretty close to being able to sing it from
sheer repetition. Also nice is that it flows perfectly from Debbie
Friedman's Sh'ma, and then you have two of the "traditional" nighttime
blessings in basically one song. This is what we do at basically every camp
I've worked at...it's a very nice ritual, and I'm sure it could be adapted
beautifully for home.

David