Re: cRAP, options and a breath of fresh brevity

Yeah, the Beastie Boys.  I forgot about them.  They've been going on for 20
years or so now.  I guess the people on this list wouldn't consider it to be
Jewish music.  What about Sammy Davis Jr.?  Now there's a Jew that could sing
and dance!!!!  Nobody could dance a hora better then him!!!

Farfl's House <farfl (at) idirect(dot)ca> wrote:

Ari, I don't have the option of not opening certain messages!  I get the
Digest, dude! ;)
I browse through the Digest and read the postings and the rap thing caught my
attention, and I read some of the posts to see how it was related to Jewish
Music (the purpose of this list).  As this is a discussion list, I offered my
take on this particular form of entertainment, and joined in the discussion.
Isn't that what a discussion list is all about?  I added the "Beastie Boys"
post in later on to try and add some levity to what I thought was becoming an
angry battle.
Best Regards,
Steven

Re: A Little Less cRap, A Little More On-TopicFrom:
Ari Davidow <ari (at) ivritype(dot)com>Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:40:53 -0500To:
World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Listen, if we really have to talk about this particular form of expression
There is nothing that forces you to open messages whose subject line concerns
something that doesn't interest you. Nor would I ever want to force someone to
comment on something that doesn't interest them. Really. For everyone facing a
similar problem, it is absolutely okay NOT to go to the effort to make sure
that several hundred of your closest friends know that this is not a subject in
which you are interesting in contributing!

ari

http://roncaswell.com

ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com

212.865.9622 (H)