Re: The Vernadsky Archive of Jewish Music

In a message dated 3/22/4 5:22:47 PM, lorelecs (at) juno(dot)com writes:

<< I agree with you.  Simon?
Lorele

I don't see it as happening at Hatikvah....at $34.00 per CD...now way.

The recordings in the 'premium' range are for the hard core collectors, those
who will order from overseas--regardless of cost.--unfortunatley, when such
items are made avaialble in the States, there is some stange idea that they
should retail for $14.98.

For this reason, many great imports are no longer being brought in the US.
I know of at least one major distributor of European product that has dropped
many of the titles from a particular label because of the resistance on the
part of the retail buyers...unfortunately, most of them were Jewish titles.

In the US, we've got it pretty good, it is not unusual to pay well over
$20.00 for a CD.

Simon