RE: Brothers in Arms Lyrics -- Israel?

Is it possible that any connection made in the video you mention was not made
by Knopfler, but someone else?  If so, is it possible that any intention was
not Knopfler's, but a videographer's (correct word?).  See excerpts below from
an interview with Knopfler.

Bob

Mark Knopfler / RockLine interview: 93.05.10

The following is a rough transcript of an interview with Mark Knopfler on
RockLine, a "rock radio network" call-in show, broadcast live on May 10,
1993.  The occasion was the release of Dire Straits' live album ON THE
NIGHT.

Michael: My question is with regard to the song "Brothers in
Arms", more specifically, the video. I'm wondering what input
you had to make that video?

MK: Not an awful lot, I didn't have much to do with videos until
"Money for Nothing". I sort of foolishly thought that I'd go on
and play music and film-makers should go on and make their
films. And to a certain extent that was true all the way up
until - I just didn't like the way videos were turning out, so
for "Money For Nothing" I started taking a bit more interest and
worked more closely with them. But the "Brothers" thing, yeah, a
little bit. You know, people come up with new ideas and things
and you do get involved. I kind of liked the idea of making the
guitars into guns and the guns into guitars and all the other
kind of things.  But I can't remember really how much input I
actually put into it.  You know, usually you're off doing
something else when people are getting involved in all of that
anyway so it's quite difficult to stay absolutely in touch with
it. And, I'm pretty ambivalent about videos anyway, I mean I
prefer the RADIO.

http://www.superseventies.com/faq_direstraits.html