  From: Michael Davis
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 4:58 PM
  Subject: Re: BERELE CHAGY assistance

  David,

  Thank you again for a wonderful concert in Chicago. People at the synagogue
are still talking about it.

  Maybe I can help with question #3. "Mi sheoso nissim" sounds like a part of
Birkat Hachodesh which is recited on the Shabbat before Rosh Chodesh. You can
find it in a traditional siddur between the morning Torah service and Ashre. If
so, the text should be: "mi  sheoso nissim laavoyseynu vegoal oisom meavdus
lecherus, hu yigal oisonu etc."

  Take care,

  Michael

  dchevan (at) snet(dot)net wrote:
    I'm in the middle of transcribing a Berele Chagy recording and could use
    some help on a few things.
    The prayer is Mi Sheoso Nissim

    (track 10 on the CD Cantor Berele Chagy in the Synagogue--Greater Recording
    Co., 1992)

    1. when and where did he record this?

    2. who was the organist?

    3. what part of the service is this prayer from? I recognize it but cannot
    find it in my chumash.

    Thanks in advance,
    dAvid

    ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org