Re: BERELE CHAGY assistance

David,

Thank you again for a wonderful concert in Chicago. People at the synagogue are
still talking about it.

Maybe I can help with question #3. "Mi sheoso nissim" sounds like a part of
Birkat Hachodesh which is recited on the Shabbat before Rosh Chodesh. You can
find it in a traditional siddur between the morning Torah service and Ashre. If
so, the text should be: "mi  sheoso nissim laavoyseynu vegoal oisom meavdus
lecherus, hu yigal oisonu etc."

Take care,

Michael

dchevan (at) snet(dot)net wrote:
I'm in the middle of transcribing a Berele Chagy recording and could use
some help on a few things.
The prayer is Mi Sheoso Nissim

(track 10 on the CD Cantor Berele Chagy in the Synagogue--Greater Recording
Co., 1992)

1. when and where did he record this?

2. who was the organist?

3. what part of the service is this prayer from? I recognize it but cannot
find it in my chumash.

Thanks in advance,
dAvid

Cantor Michael Davis
Lakeside Congregation for Reform Judaism
Highland Park, IL

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->