Re: Purim music

I want to thank you all for your submissions RE; the Purim radio program that I
mentioned about one month ago.

As it turned out, another music consultant did most of the selecting and I
never got a chance to review or submit many of your CDs. Rest assured, if I
told you that our library would purchase them, your invoices have already been
submitted. Please contact me in a month if you have not yet received payment.

The final outcome was that the show was recorded and mixed but radio time was
not available on Public Radio, because Purim is not a major Jewish holiday.
Previous shows on the High Holidays, Shabbat and Passover, which feature
conversations between Chancellor Ismar Schorsch and the producer, Larry
Josephson, had been broadcast and will be released as a CD.

The good news is that the producer has informed me that he used the Lori
Cahan-Simon Ensemble's version of Urim-Burim from Vessel of Song as the intro
music to the radio show. Although not broadcast, there is a plan to release a
CD of the show--I would presume later this year.

The other good news is that I got to listen to Judith Cohen's Canciones de
Sepharad recording as one of the submissions and found it enchanting--both
musically and historically at a very high level of accomplishment. Brava,
Judith!

I wish things had turned out as planned--but do they ever in the music business?

Best,

Eliott Kahn

Dr. Eliott Kahn
Music Archivist
Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America
3080 Broadway
New York, NY 10027
WK: (212) 678-8076
FAX (212) 678-8998