RE: Music of the Psalms (if you're in Boston)

If you're in or near Boston, and it's of interest:

I'll be speaking this Sunday (yes, Super Bowl Sunday ...) *afternoon* (2/1),
at 2 p.m. (plus desserts and beverages) at Congregation Kadimah-Toras Moshe,
113 Washington St., on MUSIC OF THE PSALMS:  FROM KING DAVID'S
TIME TO OUR OWN.  I'll be discussing the intriguing musical and liturgical
history of the Psalms and sharing recorded arrangements of the Psalms in
over a dozen musical styles, from 17th-century Renaissance to 19th-century
classical and operatic; from Hassidic and neo-Hassidic to a cappella; from
bluegrass to world music.

Would be delighted to see any list members, of course -- and will also have
CDs for sale!

-- Robert Cohen

cdbaby.com/openthegates