Re: Kol Isha - Enough Already!!!! and a new thread

Here, here!

Every time this discussion is opened again. It's like re-opening a wound.

Initially all I was trying to say was enough already. And ahemmm again, I get swept into this argument, because I have such strong opinions about it.

I would say, however, whoever is flaming women off-list about this is a coward. It's just a crappy way to treat people.

As my grandmother would say: genug avey...Enough already.

And let's move on to something else. I think we all just have to agree to disagree on KI

Shalom,

Trudi

>From: MaxwellSt (at) aol(dot)com
>To: World music from a Jewish slant
>Subject: Re: Kol Isha - Enough Already!!!! and a new thread
>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:06:27 EST
>
>I agree, Simon.  Here's my suggestion: The next time that Kol Isha comes up,
>perhaps someone could take all the "pro" and all the "anti" arguments from the
>last three rounds and send the collected emails to everyone who wants to
>participate!  Still, I listen in each time, because there is a good smattering of
>useful debate that transcends the brawl each time.
>
>ON A DIFFERENT SUBJECT: Here is a question that gets asked now and then:
>
>If you were to recommend 10 CDs to a budding klezmerologist that accurately
>represent the best of the various strains over the past 25 years--traditional,
>modern, and so on--which 10 would you choose?  I would like to present your
>entries to my students at the extension course I am teaching this winter.
>(Let's say that this list doesn't include the 78 RPM reissues, which are a
>given--every collection needs to start with a few.)
>
>Mine includes Izhak Perlman, Shirim's "Klezmer Nutcracker," Mickey Katz's
>"Simcha Time" (formerly Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs and Brisses), and the Belgian
>Group "Shpil Es Noch a Mol," in addition to standards like KCB, BOW and Klezmatics
>(and who can forget Maxwell Street?)   I hope that's an eclectic enough
>start, and I'd welcome yours.
>
>Lori

High-speed users?be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read: unsubscribe jewish-music ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->