Re: Grammys

Yes, it does mean tracks, not recordings.  And commercially released means
anything that you are selling.  Of course in order to compete, it should be
of the highest quality.  The way that you get to hear the recordings is:
1) every month, they send a Grammy Awards Guide out that lists all the new
recordings that people want you to know about.  You can order them at a
greatly reduced cost in order to be able to listen so that you can vote
intelligently.  I have not purchased a CD in a store in forever. The Awards
Guide is well worth the price of membership.
2)  Some people will send their titles out to people to listen to.  These
are usually people who hire publicists and marketers to do this for them
because it does require a great deal of time and work.  The Grammy list is
not published anywhere to my knowledge so they have to try to find the
voting members.

Judy :)
Judy Caplan Ginsburgh, Professional Singer
1999 Louisiana Professional Artist of the Year!
judy (at) jewishentertainment(dot)net     -    judy (at) judymusic(dot)com
www.judymusic.com
"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on
both hands. You need to be able to throw something back."

Director: Jewish Entertainment Resources - We Help You Find Jewish Talent!
www.jewishentertainment.net
Conference Chair, CAJE 23: www.caje.org
Member - Children's Music Network; www.cmnonline.org
Member - Women Cantor's Network; www.womencantors.net

If you have some time, check out these great websites:
www.songsforteaching.com
www.hotshabbat.com and www.totshabbat.com
www.playhouseradio.com