The spell checker

Lori from Maxwell St. was remarking on her spell checker's difficulties
with Yiddish and musical terms.  Presumably any language other than
English would create a similar list, many musical terms having come from
Italian.  An important question would be which word processing software is
being used, although Word is becoming lingua franca.  (E-mail software has
similar spell-check capabilities.)  Two comments:
1) I don't want to specify how I found out, but my e-mail software, Lotus
Notes, has a hard time with profanity.  (And I won't bother you with
examples.)  and 2) It should be possible to add frequently-used terms to
the spell checker's dictionary.  In Word go to Tools > Options > Spelling
& Grammar > Custom Dictionaries > Select Dictionary > Modify > type in the
word and click ADD > OK > OK > OK.  I don't mean to send a dour response
to Lori's humorous contribution, but adding frequently-used terms to the
dictionary might make checking spelling and typing go more smoothly.

Fred ("from Flad Ave.") Blumenthal
xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->