Article about composer Daniel Asia

This week's Forward includes an article by me about contemporary composer
Daniel Asia, one of the premiere Jewish classical composers of our era.

In honor of his 50th birthday, there will be a retrospective concert of his
works at Merkin Hall in NYC on January 17th.

You can read the article here:

http://www.forward.com/issues/2004/04.01.09/arts4.html

Thanks,

Seth Rogovoy
www.rogovoy.com
author of "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to Jewish Roots and
Soul"
"An informative and entertaining guide..Seth Rogovoy lucidly explains what's
culturally significant about klezmer; better yet, he captures the music's
fun." - jazz critic Francis Davis, author of "Bebop And Nothingness" and
"The History Of The Blues"