RE: December Deals and News From Craig 'n Co.

Dear Craig,

    It's always nice to hear from you, and to see all the exciting things
you're doing.

    Under separate cover, a friend forwarded an item on the Chanukah
Celebration in which, I gather, you will be featured (together with Fran
Dresher?  That's an odd coupling:-)  I had a chance to hear a clip of you and
the band doing Maoz Tzur.  I really liked what you did with it - in fact, it
took me a second to realize that it was the "same old" with new clothes on.

    But Craig, dear, sweet, talented Craig, your Hebrew is so awful!  Ma-oh
tzur?  L'cha na'eh l'shabeya??  Chanukat ha-mizbeya???  The song is about
rededicating the altar in the Temple - the mizbeyaCH!!!  The strong rock (rock
of ages) is Ma-oZZZZ Tzur.  These were just the ones that were most egregious -
and this is a song that even "average" people know!

    You do so much good work, and you have the opportunity to reach so many
people.  You really MUST be sure that your pronunciations are correct.  Just
remembering what you think you learned in Hebrew school umpteen years ago is
not enough.  There are so many people who could coach you.  Abe Mizrachi would
be delighted, of course, but you could find plenty of them right in your LA
backyard.

    Please do this for all the people who learn from you.

    Happy Hanukkah,

    Warmly,

    Marsha Bryan Edelman