dec. 21 Tonic: FleytMuzik

If the weather will cooperate I hope I'll see some of you at Tonic this
coming Sunday, December 21. Pete Rushefsky, Marty Confurius and I will perform
works from the FleytMuzik CD plus a newly-composed Khanuke freylekhs (I had to
write one; and I'll tell y'all why when y'all come on down) and a refreshing
little Triplik sher. If there's room I certainly hope people will do a little
dancing, even if you have to come up on stage - we'll make room for you, no
prob.

If you're not sure you like the flute, like the flute in klezmer, like it
with cimbalom, or whatever reason will hold you back, at least take a listen at
www.klezmerflute.com. I'll also be bringing my new ebay little gem purchased
last month, a wonderful Julius Zimmermann 8-key flute that I'm still learning
play - but I'll tell you more about that....when I see you.....and I promise
I'll only perform the few tunes on that flute that I can play....

As many of you are aware, Pete and Marty are stellar musicians and it's going
to be a blast playing with them. Our two sets will be different tunes so come
for the entire afternoon.

(you know the drill: 1:30 and 3:00; more details on my website)

Review Snippits:
“Her flute playing is inspired. It rocks. Even on the most intricate, quiet,
classical passages, this is the sort of playing that makes clear how much of a
difference amazing musicianship makes”.

 “FleytMuzik is fresh, marvelously joyous and soulful at once - it's
everything the best klezmer music, and the best music per se, should be; music
that
not only the ears listen to but the heart as well, and music that delights
both.”

“Indeed Adrianne is a master on the flute and without any problem she knows
how to interpret the klezmer music in a professional and personal way.”

“We get a sense of how klezmer might have sounded, at its best, 100 or 200
years ago, before klezmer horns, before Americanized klezmer, before the
clarinet became the main solo instrument. It's classical klezmer, if you will.
 What
a beautiful, wonderful gift!”

See yas!

Adrianne

Adrianne Greenbaum
www.klezmerflute.com & www.klezband.com
Associate Professor of Flute, Mount Holyoke College
Klezmer flutist: “FleytMuzik” and “Family Portrait”
Classical: "Sounds of America"
fluteworld or cdbaby

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->