Re:trance/funk.But the modes and cadences of cantoral and klez.

In a message dated 12/14/3 4:03:19 PM, zelwel (at) comcast(dot)net writes:

<< >Still, I see the future of JM looking toward the dance floor if it

> wants to be relevant in the market place, deep groove , trance/funk.But

with

> the modes and cadences of cantoral and klez.

You think there exists at this point good examples of this?

Hey Eli, glad you asked.

About 3 years ago, I made a posting about a then new CD "Shema Yisrael - The
Cantorial Project: Ethno Ambient".  Produced by Arik Rudick, who had a smash
album "Sattala",in Israel in early 70s using various synthesizers.

On the"Shema Israel' CD, he created new "electronic" music specifically for
classic Cantorial recordings by Kwartin, Glantz, Kapov-Kagan, Rosenblatt,
Chagy, etc.

Unlike recordings that sample cantorial records INTO new music, this music
was composed specifically for the actual contorial recording.  A somewhat
similar recording, "Covenant" was released about the same time, but I don't
think it
was nearly as good. It sounded las if the Cantorial was sampled INTO the
music.

Though I thought "Shema Israel" was a good recording, it had no market at
that time. About 6 months ago, one of the students at a local Yeshiva bought
one
for a party "sight" unheard, and now everybody in his class has purchased this
disc....an overnight hit...after 3 years.

Simon
Hatikvah Music
323) 655-7083