yiddish dance in Canada's west coast

Dear listers,

I thought you might be interested in the latest here in Victoria, BC.  Our
local folk dancing society learned some Yiddish dances from Helen Winkler last
summer when she was in town and continued with her training video.  A few of us
musicians will play for them while they freilach the night away this coming
Winter Solstice.  Great legacy Helen - they look forward to your return.

On another note, we're also playing Alle Brider at an inter-ethnic concert
where each group plays 10 minutes.  You name it, they got it - Jewish, Muslim,
Christian, B'Hai, Fence-Sitters - even a few Philosophers.  Been happening for
the last three years and the folks sure enjoy themselves.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Mary

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->