Off-Topic: Free Classical Concert Tickets

My wife and I subscribe to Peoples Symphony Concerts in Manhattan, New York
City, at the Washington Irving HS (Saturday nights at 8 PM) and at Town Hall
(Sunday afternoons at 2 PM).  (For more information http://www.pscny.org )  As
parents of 2 young children there are many concerts that we don't get to.  When
we know well enough in advance that we won't be able to attend a concert we
offer our pair of reserved seats for free to the first person to reply.  So if
you are interested in this or in being added to the list for future classical
concert tickets please reply personally to this e-mail (see below) and tell me.

Below is information on a concert this Saturday night for which we have a pair
of tickets available.  If you are interested, please reply with your mailing
address.  If you are the first to ask for them I'll mail the tickets to you.

Saturday, December 6, at 8 PM at Washington Irving High School

Musicians from Marlboro

Musicians from Marlboro, the touring extension of the renowned Marlboro Music
Festival in Vermont, offers exceptional young musicians from the summer
Festival together with seasoned artists in chamber music programs of
rarely-heard works and masterpieces of varied instrumentation. Each year, more
than twenty-five outstanding artists take time from their regular activities to
bring Musicians from Marlboro concerts to cities around the country. The
Musicians from Marlboro touring program has introduced may of today's leading
solo and chamber music artists to American audiences; among them are pianists
Richard Goode, Murray Perahia and Andras Schiff, violinists Pamela Frank, Jaime
Laredo and Shlomo Mintz, flutist Paula Robinson, clarinetist Richard Stoltzman
and soprano Benita Valente. Now in its thirty-eighth season, Musicians from
Marlboro offers audiences across North America a sample of the varied programs
and spirit of music-making so characteristic of Marlboro, prompting the
Washington Post to describe Musicians from Marlboro as "a virtual guarantee of
musical excellence." This year's performers are: Soovin Kim and Scott St. John,
violin; Che-Hung Chen and Hsin-Yun Huang, viola; Jonathan Karoly, cello and
Paula Robison, flute.

Program
Mozart: Flute Quartet in D Major, K. 285
Martinu: String Trio, H. 238
Ginastera: Impreciones for Flute and String Quartet
Brahms: String Quintet in F Major, Op. 88

Bob

Robert Wiener
wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->