New CD:BERESHIT-The Crakow Klezmer Band

I've just managed to get my hands on the brand new Crakow Klezmer Band
CD, Bereshit, and every time I think they can't outdo themselves, they
DO!  My main question is, Why aren't these people scoring films???
Their music is so lively and given to fabulous characteristics of
"mickey-mousing," you'd swear you were listening to a movie soundtrack!
  In the case of Bereshit, a spooky movie soundtrack!  Some of the
tracks are absolutely horrifying in feel, evoking images of ghosts and
spirits flying here and there.  With each new album, The Crakow Klezmer
Band refine and strengthen their craft and I personally feel that
they're at a point where they've come away from the traditional klezmer
genre enough to have created a sound all their own.

A brief summary for those who've never heard them:  The Cracow Klezmer
Band have a longing, sorrowful sound for the most part, just a bit
reminiscent of Kroke, but with a gorgeous gypsy edge at times, and
there is no shortage of energetic tunes - These guys aren't sleeping!
The most prominent instruments are the violin and accordion, though
instead of sounding spare, their sound is full and delicious.  Their
melodies are a special treat, and in my opinion, push their recordings
above and beyond almost anything else I've heard that can call itself
klezmer.

If you get the chance to seem them in concert - they've been on tour on
the east coast within the last month, PLEASE do.  They are amazing, and
their performance sound is flawless.

If you can't get out to see them - get BERESHIT.  If you can't find
that one, De Profundis or the Warriors will do for now - both excellent
CDs as well!  :)

Jill