Correction...

Oops,

I wrote:

>If you go to a web site like israel-music, you'll see that the >style of music
>that is usually referred to as "musica >Mizrahit" falls under the title
>"Oriental", while spanish->language music goes under the title "Ladino" (and
>>strangely enough, there is also a category "Jewish", which >would imply that
>"Oriental" is somehow *not* Jewish...).

Wrong thinking here...I think what puzzles me about the categories on these web
sites is that there is a separate "Israeli" section, which would imply that
Oriental music genre is somehow not Israeli.....despite the fact that a large
part of the Israeli population grooves to this music.

Eva

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->