RE: More grief from Augsburg

Yes, here is the latest from Rosh Hashana in Amsterdam.  Here is a quote
from an email from me to another Rabbi explaining the latest feedback from
the Amsterdam Rabbinate regarding last Rosh Hashana's service.  It's not at
all at the league of Augsburg, but it gives you a taste.

"Last Sunday after the Rosh Hashana service, I received a formal complaint
from Rabbi S. Katz who found the choice of some of the melodies "out of
place" at a place of orthodox worship.  He specifically refered to a piece
that was composed in Amsterdam by a famous Amsterdam born Jewish musician
and has been sung in shuls throughout the Netherlands since 1850.  It was so
famous that Sam Englander's (z.l.) choir from the Great-Synagogue sang it on
the American radio station NBC in 1939."

Fear not!  After 150 years, I'm not budging.

Barry