Re: Klezmer clarinet lessons

In a message dated 9/28/03 6:17:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time, MIAdler (at)
aol(dot)com
writes:

> Here it is over a year later and I still haven't mastered the ornamentation

It's been over 20yrs since I first head Giora Fiedman live in concert, I've
been listening and studying eversince. I still haven't come close to mastering
any of it. I'm glad! I think we're lucky to work in a profession where there
is always more to learn.

I've also been luck to be able to go back to school and pursue my Master's
Degree in Clarinet performance. It's interesting studying clarinet after you've
had a job. I have the luxury to be able to spend my time on all the things I
know I need to understand on higher level. I'm not busy trying to figure out
how to play to get a gig.

Tom Puwalski, Yamaha performing Artist, Author of "The Clarinetists Guide to
Klezmer", Former Clarinet soloist with the US Army Field Band, and Clarinetist
with Lox&Vodka

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->