Great Middle Eastern Music in NY City this Saturday night.....

While not specifically "Jewish" in nature, I wanted to let everyone know about
a wonderful performance of Middle Easter Music happening this Saturday night in
NY City.  I received this from my good friend Neva who is an ethnomusicologist
and who never ceases to expose me to incredible music and musicians.  I highly
recommend this show! -  Glenn

Greetings, Friends!

The fall season is looking very exciting! "Higher States of Consciousness"
indeed!!! SATALLA - the new "temple of World Music"  www.satalla.com - is the
best thing that's happened to New York City in a very long time, and I wish
Michael (the owner) great success with this magical venue...

I've teamed up with Dahdoo Productions to create a new series of "Eastern
Nights" -
presenting the very best in locally-based (and international, whenever
possible) artists performing music from North Africa, the Middle East,
Mediterranean,
Eastern Europe ... even India and Asia!

Our first collaboration will take place next Saturday, Sept. 20th, with
master percussionist RICHARD KHUZAMI leading a sizzling virtuoso trio that
includes
MAURICE CHEDID (oud & vocals) and JAWAD BOHSINA (keyboard). Performing a
range of Middle Eastern music from classical Arabic to modern Raï, the ensemble
will also accompany SAAD ABDOU, the young Moroccan singing sensation who has
won
the hearts of NYC's North African community. Also on the bill is singer
ANATH, the rising star of Tunisian/Parisian heritage, with a selection of
Middle
Eastern popular songs from Warda to Natasha Atlas!

And this is just the beginning!!! Also in the works is a new program of
AFRICAN NIGHTS, and much, much more!

I hope to encounter you all on the journey...

With love,
DJ Neva

*******
Music for the Masses and Dahdoo Productions
present
EASTERN NIGHTS at SATALLA
37 West 26th Street (between 6th & Broadway)
8:00 PM Show.  $10 cover

Sat., Sept. 20th, 2003:

"Middle East Meets North Africa"

with RICHARD KHUZAMI & Friends