  From: Ashkenazim
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 1:55 PM
  Subject: Re: Russian heritage?? How confused is this?

  It seems like there are not so many enthusiasts about Russian Old Homeland at
the list.
  Dear Vlad, you try to search in a wrong place. Do you think real klezmorim
could have had that established promotion as I. Kobzon does? There are
klezmorim here, very few,. but yet they exist. Igor Semenduev from N. Novgorod,
several young people in Moscow, "Aliya" in Samara. If you are interested, write
directly to P. Achkinazi: paulina_achkinazi (at) yahoo(dot)com

  The Ashkenazim
  www.ashkenazim.ru