Upcoming Events--The Days of Awe

I have two events in the coming weeks to let you know about plus the new CD,
The Days of Awe, is finally available on-line.

Next Saturday, September 13, Warren Byrd and I will be participating in the
opening day events for this year's One Book for Greater Hartford selection, The
Color of Water, by James McBride, at the Hartford Public Public Library.  The
event begins at 10:00 a.m. with readings all day by several major
African-American writers including poet Jon Bey-West and author Herb Boyd.

Warren and I will give a performance at 12:00 p.m. of Jewish and
African-American sacred music.  There is no admission charge for this or any of
the other events. If you'd like more information about this event please visit
the festival web site at http://www.hplct.org/Festival/festival.htm
The Hartford Public Libary is located at 500 Main Street, Hartford, Connecticut
and the phone number is (860) 695-6300.

The following Saturday, September 20.  I will be joined by several members of
the Afro-Semitic Experience including Will Bartlett, Warren Byrd, Stacy
Phillips and Alvin Carter for a special night of music and worship at Temple
Israel Center of White Plains.
At 9:30 p.m. we will present a lecture and concert of music from The Days of
Awe.  We will be performing our interpretations of pieces for the High Holy
Days from the repertoire of Cantor Yossele Rosenblatt.  Joining us for several
of these pieces will be Temple Israel Center's cantor, Jack Mendelson.  Jack
grew up listening to many of these pieces and will share his interpretations of
these melodies.
After the concert and a little nosh we will accompany the cantor, his choir,
and the congregation in a midnight Selichot service.
Temple Israel Center of White Plains is located at 280 Old Mamaroneck Rd. in
White Plains, NY The phone number is 914-948-2800.

After a little trouble at the manufacturing plant my new CD, The Days of Awe:
Meditations for Selichot, Rosh Hashanah, and Yom Kippur has finally been
released!

It's still so new that the only review I've gotten so far has been a note from
Richard Kamins of the Hartford Courant who wrote to me:

"The music . . . sounds good, lots of soul, smart arrangements, no filler"

It can be purchased at several major online music stores including:

www.jewishmusic.com
(they have complete mp3's of three tracks on the album)

www.hatikvahmusic.com

www.cdbaby.com
(they also have sound samples of every track)

www.amazon.com

British and European distribution will soon be available at:
http://www.jewishmusic-jmd.co.uk/

With so little time between now and the beginning of the High Holy Days I am
hoping that word of mouth and e-mail will be the best way to spread the word.
Please tell your friends and pass along this e-mail.

I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.

Please pray for Peace Now everywhere but especially in all parts of the Middle
East.

B'Shalom

David Chevan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->