Divahn's nouveau Sephardic/Middle Eastern in Concert

Dear Friends,

Here is some info on the final Mulholland Nights concert event.  I hope you
can make it and/or share it with fellow friends from the city of angels!

Craig

PS. For a pop up e-flyer visit the front page of www.craignco.com

Divahn and Elan in Concert
an unforgetable evening of music

The final concert of the Mulholland Nights Summer Series. The series which
has featured Lisa Loeb and David Broza has been designed as social and cultural
evenings for young people in the Jewish community.

We invite you and your friends to join us as we transform the University of
Judaism into a middle eastern Cafe with Persian Deserts, Coffees and Liqueurs.
The evening will feature Galeet Dardashti and her band Divahn performing
traditional Sephardic songs delivered with creative sophistication. Anyone who
thinks Jewish music equals klezmer needs to hear Divahn's nouveau
Sephardic/Middle
Eastern groove. The all-female quartet infuses traditional songs with
creative sophistication and harmonies, using tabla, cello, rabel, and other
acoustics, plus vocals in Hebrew, Judeo-Spanish, Persian and Aramaic. Says
Austin
Chronicle's David Lynch: "Best New Band of 2001." Also performing will be Elan
-
former front man for Bob Marley's Legendary band The Wailers, Elan delivers
roots, rock and reggae in a refreshing style all his own. We can say more, but
music speaks louder than words!

Thanks to a generous gift,  tickets purchased before next Thursday, August
7th, at 5:00 PM will be $18.  You must mention this e-mail in order to receive
the discount.   After Thursday, all tickets purchased prior to the event will
be $25
or $35 at the door

To order tickets by phone, or for more information please call 310-440-1246
or you can order online at dce (at) uj(dot)edu(dot)

Mulholland Nights is a program of the University of Judaism Department of
Continuing Education,
and supported by the vision and generosity of The Maurice Amado Foundation,
Rachel and Jack E. Gindi,
The Jewish Federation Council, Shalom House, Sinai/ATID,  Magen David Adom
West. Shout Entertainment, The Jewish News and the Jewish Center for Culture
and
Creativity.
Produced by Craig 'n Co.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->