Re: Irish klezmer music

on 6/13/03 8:53 PM, Rodmediator (at) aol(dot)com at Rodmediator (at)
aol(dot)com wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could find some Irish or Scottish klezmer music?
> PLease respond at rodmediator (at) aol(dot)com Thank you very much.

If you're looking for Irish bands playing klezmer tunes, there's just a few
examples that I know of. There's one cut on Lunasa's first album that was
released on Compass in 2001, Kevin Burke plays one klezmer melody on his
Solo Concert album, and DeDanaan played two tunes w/ special guest Andy
Statman on one of their recordings.

My partner Beverly Woods and I play klezmer and have played Celtic and
Appalachian music for many years. If you visit our website, you can hear a
few sample recordings.

I don't know of any Scottish or Irish klezmer bands...

Seth

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com