klez workshops at folk festivals.

cheers Ernie Gruner
KLEZMERITIS see Klezmershack and
for purchases go to shop at www.jewishaustralia.com.au

2 Cole Crescent
East Coburg 3058
Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
613 9386 7108

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Seth Austen
Sent: Sunday, 15 June 2003 11:11 PM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Cc: rodmediator (at) aol(dot)com
Subject: Re: Irish klezmer music

on 6/13/03 8:53 PM, Rodmediator (at) aol(dot)com at Rodmediator (at)
aol(dot)com wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could find some Irish or Scottish klezmer music?
> PLease respond at rodmediator (at) aol(dot)com Thank you very much.

If you're looking for Irish bands playing klezmer tunes, there's just a few
examples that I know of. There's one cut on Lunasa's first album that was
released on Compass in 2001, Kevin Burke plays one klezmer melody on his
Solo Concert album, and DeDanaan played two tunes w/ special guest Andy
Statman on one of their recordings.

My partner Beverly Woods and I play klezmer and have played Celtic and
Appalachian music for many years. If you visit our website, you can hear a
few sample recordings.

I don't know of any Scottish or Irish klezmer bands...

Seth

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com