Krakower in London

David Krakower will be in London on 6 July to take part in the first British
stage performance of Solomons and Socalled's HipHopKhasene. Those who were
are KlezFest last year had a preview as Sophie Solomon and Josh Dolgin
explained the project that was funded partly by a  Jewish Music Institute
Millennium Award.  So this years KlezFesters get to experience the full
blown Jewish wedding hip hop style.  - the CD is coming out on Piranha.

Those attending KlezFest as a band get to perform in the foyer of the Queen
Elizabeth Hall in Klezmer: The Next Generation - a special part of KlezFest
where the students show what they can do. This year we have Shekoyokh a new
London 9 piece band born out of KlezFest.

Apart from a stimulating programme for the week, KlezFest also will have a
reception in the very heart of London -  inside the Houses of Parliament,
when we launch the JMI International Forum for Yiddish Culture at the House
of Commons, as guests of Lord Janner.

We are all looking forward to a great time in London and we have a much
better dorm than last year, a small hotel round the corner from SOAS.

See some of you soon.

Geraldine

---