Re: Periodicals, sites that review CDs

Jewish Entertainment Resources reviews some CDs for an on-line review page.
We are not able to review everything, but anyone is welcome to send any
Jewish oriented CD to us at PO Box 12692, Alexandria, LA 71315.  Thanks and
also.......

If any of you are planning to attend the CAJE Conference this August at Ohio
State University in Columbus, OH (and I hope that you are), I wanted to let
you know about an exciting opportunity to learn more about the music
business.

The entire Music preconference is being devoted to The Business of Jewish
Performance with the following schedule:

Thurs., Aug. 14 - 7-9 pm - Meet and Greet Your Fellow Performers featuring a
song sharing session moderated by Charki Dunn

Friday, Aug. 15 - 9 - 10:45 am - Making A CD or Demo: The Ins and Outs of
Studio Production with panelists Adrian Durlester, Fran Avni, Peter and
Ellen Allard, Steve Dropkin, Sam Glaser, and Judy Caplan Ginsburgh

Friday, Aug. 15 - 11 am - 12:45 pm - Get Noticed: Marketing, Touring, Block
Booking, Getting Reviews and Exposure with panelists Linda Yelnick, Peter &
Ellen Allard, Sam Glaser and Judy Caplan Ginsburgh

Friday, Aug. 15 - 1:45 - 3:30 pm - From Idea to Paper: Jewish Music
Publishing and Songwriting with panelists Fran Avni, Steve Dropkin, Adrian
Durlester, Eric Komar and others.

Sunday, Aug. 17 - 9:30 - 11:30 am - Annual Music Sharing Session. Bring 25
copies of a new song to share.

Sunday, Aug. 17 - 1 - 3 pm - Annual Performer's Roundtable - come and share,
network, ask a question and schmooze with other seasoned and new performers.

Monday, Aug. 18 - noon - 2:50 pm - The Business of Jewish Performance will
touch on all aspects of the music business for those who are unable to
attend the preconference sessions.  Panelists include Fran Avni, Adrian
Durlester, Steve Dropkin, Peter & Ellen Allard, Sam Glaser, Judy Caplan
Ginsburgh, Joel Eglash, Lynda Cohen, Cherie Karo Schwartz, Joel Chasnoff,
Josh Nelson, Peri Smilow and Linda Yelnick.

I urge you to attend CAJE (www.caje.org) and learn more.  If you have any
questions about these workshops, please e-mail me privately at
judy (at) judymusic(dot)com

Judy :)

Judy Caplan Ginsburgh, Professional Singer
1999 Louisiana Professional Artist of the Year!
judy (at) jewishentertainment(dot)net     -    judy (at) judymusic(dot)com
 www.judymusic.com
Hot off the Press!  My Jewish World - a new early childhood music curriculum
http://uahc.org/cgi-bin/pressdisp.pl?list=301786
Director: Jewish Entertainment Resources - We Help You Find Jewish Talent!
www.jewishentertainment.net
Conference Chair, CAJE 23: www.caje.org
Member - Children's Music Network; www.cmnonline.org
Member - Women Cantor's Network; www.womencantors.net
"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on
both hands. You need to be able to throw something back."