Dave Tarras-Murry Lehrer records

Dave Tarras made a bunch of recordings with Murray Lehrer starting I believe
in the late 1950's and going towards the end of the 1960's. First came the
mono Freilach in Hi-Fi on the Period Label, three volumes, and I believe
three though I can only find my copies of one and two volumes in Stereo for
Request Records, Freilach For Weddings, Bar Mitzvah and Other Celebrations. I
was wondering if anyone happens to know anymore information about recordings,
I am mostly interested in who the musicians are, and the dates?

     The instrumentation on most of them seems to be p,acc,b,dm,tp, and cl
(Dave Tarras). The drums sound similar to Julie Epstein's playing, use of the
ride cymbal and tight closed hi-hat with foot. Yet, the bass drum doesn't
sound like his patterns so I am not sure that it is him.

     What also be of note is that Freilach For Weddings, Bar Mitzvah and
Other Celebrations - Vol. 1 (Request SRLP 10102) was also released under the
Joseph Korda Players; Jewish Wedding Dances; Horas- Shers - Waltzes (Music
Minus One MMO 121). My copy came as one in a set of world music recordings
packaged with cookbooks.

Matt Temkin

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->