Re: belz

As in Richard BELZER

>From: Sylvia Schildt
>To: World music from a Jewish slant
>Subject: Re: belz
>Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:47:44 -0400
>
>Dear Listers,
>
>As far as the song is concerned --- it is pronounced "Bells". While
>someone who comes from Belz (either one) would be called a Belzer or Beltzer
>with the ts sound.
>
>Sylvia Schildt
>Chair, IAYC
>International Association of Yiddish Clubs
>8th World Conference
>Sept. 4,5,6,7 in Baltimore, Maryland
>
>For details and registration visit www.derbay.org
>

>on 5/12/03 5:03 PM, Lori Cahan-Simon at l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org wrote:
>
> > So, is it pronounced "belz" or belts"?
> > Lorele

> >> The song was written for, and introduced by Isa Kremer, who was a
> >> native of Belz, Bessarabia.
> >>
> >> -- Bill B.

> >> Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online
> >> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ * * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * * Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive, objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas of Judaism. Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->