Pronunciaiton of belz

This is not a prononciation or dialect issue. The song was apparently
written for Isa Kremer from Belz [Belts], Besserabia. (The current
editor of the Yiddish Forward newspaper, Boris Sandler is from this
town). However as the song's popularity grew, most people assumed it
referred to Belz [pronounced bells], Poland which was more known due
to the Belzer rebbe and his hasidim (though I think Belz, Poland
was/is smaller than Belts, Besserabia). I believe that Seymour Rexite
who popularized the song, sang it "Bells", but however you sing it,
determines what town you are referring to.

?Ýitzik gottesman