Re: A Jewish Odyssey - Consuelo Luz

I have Dezeo by Consuelo Luz (a few months ago I posted a message asking if
anyone had any thoughts to share about her because I love the CD!) and in
the liner notes she writes:

It was appropriate that I be introduced to this music in the mountains of
Northern New Mexico at the same time that some of teh local Hispanic
population were becoming awa re of their Jewish heritage, as was I, after
having been raised Catholic in South America and Europe.
I feel honored to have been given the gift of this music and the exciting
task of taking it out into the world in a contemporary form, as I learn more
about the mystical traditions of the Sephardim, my ancestral people, who
struggled, hidden, for centuries, to preserve their heritage.

Consuelo Luz has a website: www.consueloluz.com

interestingly enoiugh, the CD I have was made in France and on the cover it
says:
New Mexico
Consuelo Luz - Dezeo
Jewish Music from Spain
and, as far as I can remember, the CD has a different title if you look at
her website.

Joan (in Milan)