  From: Alex J. Lubet
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 12:20 AM
  Subject: Re: guitar in New York

  I've given two concerts in Vancouver in the last year and brought my
  guitar across the border both times without incident.  I had more
  trouble on the domestic flight when I brought my National steel guitar,
  which has a metal body, the effects of which you can only imagine during
  the search procedure.

  I play a very big instrument which I have to stow in baggage unless I
  want to buy the ticket.  For that, I have a Calton case, made in
  Edmonton, by the way.  They're made to order to fit the dimensions of
  one's guitar and, as you might imagine, they're not cheap.  Normally,
  you need to wait four months for an order.

  On another matter, after announcing my recording grant to the list, Lori
  wrote me off list to ask if the granting program was one to which she
  could apply.  While unfortunately the answer was no, we both agreed that
  would be a good idea for listers to post notices of funding and other
  opportunities to share whenever possible.

  Git shabes,

  --
  Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
  Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music

  ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->