-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of mashke (at)
attbi(dot)com
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 10:58 AM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: Oy Ir Kleyne Likhtelekh

That's odd. It fits the melody I know. I think somebody (Lorele?) wrote in
this
thread that there were about 5 different melodies. If that is the case I
don't
know if there is more than one set of words.

Dick Rosenberg
> The discussion of Irving Berlin also segued into one about Chanukah songs,
> and "oy ir kleyne Likhtelekh" was mentioned.  I found it at

http://campuscgi.princeton.edu/~klez/zemerl/show.pl?title=O%2c+Ir+Kleyne+Lik
htel
> ekh,
> but the words don't seem to fit the melody.  Can anyone help, perhaps with
> an alternative source?
>
> Fred Blumenthal
xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com