Re: New CDs arriving: Metropolitan Klezmer & Isle of Klezbos!

Hey Eve, Glad things are going well for the group(s).  I've been very busy
getting my Klezska project together and we're looking for some gigs so if you
need another act for a double bill please let me know.  We would love to work
with you. A Zissen Pesah! Glenn Tamirskavanagila (at)
klezska(dot)comwww(dot)klezska(dot)com

SICULAR (at) aol(dot)com wrote:Happy Passover (& Easter! Fresh CDs from Isle of
Klezbos & MetroKlezmer are
almost here
Each band is releasing its own disc: ''Delectable'' - Klezmer Shack preview
Order now to ship ASAP: just $15 each, or $27 for both; details below*

See fun & lovely cover art for both CDs at: www.metropolitanklezmer.com
Inside â?? detailed liner notes, Yiddish lyrics & translation, inspired
traditionals, vibrant swing,
originals, tango, unexpected pleasures, great live tracks & an eclectic
instrumental array.

Surprising Finds from Metropolitan Klezmer features the full eight-piece
Metro lineup,
plus cameo appearances by legendary klezmer reedplayer Howie Leess & other
special
surprise guests, live cuts from Joe's Pub at NYC's Public Theater (Dec '02)
and more.

Greetings from the Isle of Klezbos is the long-awaited debut full-length
release
from the all-female klezmer powerhouse Isle of Klezbos sextet, with live
bonus tracks
from Jewsapalooza at the Knitting Factory and KlezBiGay Pride 2002 at Joe's
Pub.

* To order now by mail, send check or money order payable to:
Metropolitan Klezmer
151 First Avenue #145, NYC NY 10003 USA
... be sure to include mailing info, and which CD(s) you want!
$15/CD, $27/both CDs â?? includes U.S. postage, handling & tax
Questions? info (at) metropolitanklezmer(dot)com or call 212-475-4544

To order starting in early to mid-May by credit card,
Surprising Finds and Greetings from the Isle of Klezbos
will be available soonest from CD Baby, with online audio clips:
1-800-BUY-MY-CD or www.cdbaby.com

Produced by Rhythm Media Records, distributed by Stern's Music, Sameach &
others,
these titles should be available by late spring in chain stores & online
widely,
and in many NYC and North American locally-based shops (see band site for
list),
and in Ladyslipper and Goldenrod catalogs by mid-2003;
European distribution expected later this year by Stern's Ltd. in London.
Ask your retailer to stock these discs!

=>> CDs also at all LIVE SHOWS: <<=
FRI, 5/9, NYC: MetroKlezmer double bill w/the madcap & beguiling
neo-vaudevillian Bat Sisters
8:00pm, 346 W. 20th St (St Peter's Church in Chelsea) $15 / $10 for kids &
seniors

TUES, 5/13 @ Galapagos, Brooklyn: CD release event â?? FREE Metro/Klezbos
double bill:
Isle of Klezbos sextet >>PLUS<< Metropolitan Klezmer's full 8-piece!
8:30pm (21& over w/ID) 70 N 6th, Williamsburg, 3 blks W of L train (Bedford
=1st Bkln stop)
galapagosartspace.com ... gorgeous performance venue & bar in a great neighb
full of restaurants

and in JUNE:
MetroKlezmer full band at the Jewish Museum - Tues, 6/10 Museum Mile fest NYC
Isle of Klezbos' annual NYC Pride Week show - Tues, 6/24 @ CB's 313 Gallery

METROPOLITAN KLEZMER
Ismail Butera - accordion
Rick Faulkner - trombone
Pam Fleming - trumpet/flugelhorn
Michael Hess - violin, ney flutes, kanun zither
Dave Hofstra - bass/tuba
Deborah Karpel - vocals
Debra Kreisberg - clarinet/alto sax
Eve Sicular - drums