-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]Im Auftrag von Cor van Sliedregt
Gesendet: Samstag, 29. Marz 2003 21:51
An: World music from a Jewish slant
Betreff: Re: Hasaposerviko

op 29-03-2003 15:53 schreef Michel Borzykowski op borzykowski (at)
infomaniak(dot)ch:

A few days ago, Sandra mentioned the term 'Hasaposerviko'.
Does anybody have information about this term and especially about the tune
'Trello Hasaposerviko' ?
 Thank you., Michal

Dear Michal,

As far as I know
Chasapiko means Butchers Dance, especially from Constantinople (Istanbul)
Serviko means from Serbia
Trello means mad or weird, possibly refering to a very fast tempo.

I know two versions:
- The Klezmorim "East - Side Wedding" Arhoolie 3006 (1977)
    translated as "Crazy Dance"
- also on Arhoolie CD 309 "First Recordings 1976 - 1978" (1989)
- Di Gojim; CD: "Noch A Sjoh"  Syncoop 161 (1993)
    (more or less a cover of The Klezmorim-version)
    translated as "Narrisjer Tantz"

I think it's just a Greek melody, since I didn't find any version
in the pre-war period. (78's).

Di Gojim is a Dutch Band.
Do you know other versions?

All the best,