Re: Inappropriate War Rantings

At 04:07 PM 3/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:

> Can we please pre-empt the hijacking of this listserv for political purposes,
> regardless of the rationale?

If it's okay, as list owner, I'll reserve the right to let people know when
things are going beyond the limit, and to do so publicly or privately as seems
appropriate.

In particular, regardless of what you feel about someone's post, the language
you used to describe the person whose post with which you disagreed is
=entirely= unacceptable on this list.

It is very important that before you ever consider posting here, or ever
consider posting to this list again, to remember that a personal insult or
attack is taken far more seriously than a dangling, relatively inactive
off-topic thread.

It is a useful hesitation that when you realize that you have attacked or
insulted the person whose post bothered you, rather than send the message, put
it aside, or e-mail me--not the list.

Please be careful out there!

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/