  From: Claire Bergen
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 9:36 AM
  Subject: Re: welcome to America

  Hi - I forwarded the message about the Russian musicians looking for an
affordable place to stay in New York to a friend, and got the following
response. But, I had already deleted the original email. So I hope that the
musicians get this message and have a safe trip!

  They can contact UJA-Federation, the Russian Division- a woman named Lydia
Vareljan.(Can find on the net) She should definitely be able to help them find
a place and perhaps find them a great audience to raise money for immigrants as
well. Hope this helps!

  Claire