Re: Klezical Tradition concert: more info

Anybody from the Boston area who DIDN'T go to the Klezical Tradition concert
tonight (and you know who you are) should be, as the expression goes, ashamed
of yourself.

Adrianne Greenbaum on lucious virtuosic flute, as well as keyboard, accordion
and tsimbl, Cookie Segelstein on violin/viola, Walter Mamlok on clarinet, and
Fraidy Katz singing up a storm put on a wonderful 2 hours of music tonight
(accompanied by a bass player named Jim Guttman some of you may have heard of).

The program ranged from Yiddish vocals of all ilks by Fraidy to 19th century
simkhe music (dobre dyen/good morning waltzes which were played at the
beginning/end of the week long wedding celebration) to dance instruction to
more freylekhs and bulgars played with more energy, passion and enthusiasm than
any I have heard in a long time. Such fluting, fiddling, clarineting and
singing!

Given that Boston is the spawning ground of so much Klezmer music, it's too bad
we don't get to hear more of it in our own back yard with more regularity.
Tonight was a wonderful exception.

Dick Rosenberg