Re: Musicals/Jewish content

on 3/19/03 6:05 AM, Lori Cahan-Simon at l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org
wrote:

> Speaking of Joseph, I'm always annoyed at how absolutely goyish this
> musical is.  There is nothing Jewish in it, to my mind, apart from
> whence comes the story.
Amen. Although Close Every Door was covered by Chasidic singer Mordechai Ben
David with Yiddish(!) lyrics. At least it has a flat 2 on the five chord,
evoking mildly the freigish scale.

Jordan Hirsch, whose resume includes being the trumpeter in the pit of the
Yeshiva University production of Joseph in 1984. How's that for things you
try to forget?