Melbourne Australia Jewish arts festival

Three Melbourne klezmer bands, Klezmania, Klezmeritis and Spiel Azoi, will
appear together on stage for the first time as part of the forthcoming
Kosher Culture festival. (publicity blurb below). I'll also be giving an
introductory klezmer workshop.

You may have heard rumors of a international klezmer festival in Melbourne ?
I was involved in a university based committee trying to organise an
international klezmer festival, but we struck some logistics problems and
have deferred the project.  cheers Ernie Gruner

-------------------------------- KOSHER CULTURE PUBLICITY ------

Just wanted to spread the word about a great little festival called Kosher
Culture on Carlisle….. www.kosherculture.com

On 5 -6 April, join in on over 30 free activities planned as part of the
inaugural Kosher Culture on Carlisle festival – a celebration Jewish culture
in Melbourne, proudly supported by the City of Port Phillip.

Join in on the exciting all ages program on Sunday 6 April that includes
visual art, film, dance, music, food demonstrations, writers forums,
heritage walks and more happening from St Kilda Town Hall and Library.

The program also includes a concert by Melbourne’s hottest Klezmer outfits
infused with hameshe stand up comedy; and the ‘Kosher Alternative’ -
featuring YIDcore, Honeysmack and Ozzy.

The Visual Art program comprises of a number of free exhibitions including
‘Between Darkness and Light’ - a starling display of new works by Melbourne’
s most talented Jewish artists along shop windows of Carlisle Street and at
the Jewish Museum.

Visit www.kosherculture.com  for full program details and (where to buy
tickets to the concerts)!

Ernie Gruner
KLEZMERITIS (Oldtime klezmer with eastern and contemporary influences)
Introductory Klezmer workshops (KosherCulture festival, National folk
festival)
phone 613 93867108    fax 613 9386 0228