Re: freedom

Alex, you wrote:

Yes, it is freedom. The woman singer has no
problem exercising her profession. She may sing
for other women, for minors or for non-Jews.
She can also sing for men who don´t keep the laws of
Kol Isha.

This woman singer had a big problem exercising her profession!  Do you
know how many jobs in my field there are playing for only women, minors
and non-Jews?  As I cannot make a living playing even for everyone, how
could I make a living playing only jobs hired for the above-mentioned?

Elie,
You wrote:

But according to Lorele, it was a woman who controlled the situation. And not
because she was "held hostage", but because she made a promise to someone who
would not listen to Kol Isha.

There were more people with more opinions on that committee, men and
women, than just that one woman who thought she was the entire
committee.  She was not supposed to have sole control of the situation.
 The rest of the committee was "held hostage".

Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->