Re: From Yiddish Folk Poetry

This is the book to look at.  I once consulted it at the YIVO in NY, so I
know that it has a copy.

SHOSTAKOVITCH`S JEWISH SONGS 'FROM JEWISH FOLK POETRY', OP.79: Introductory
Essay with original Yiddish Folk Text Underlay. Tel Aviv: World Council for
Yiddish and Jewish Culture and Ministry of Culture, 1989. 162 pp., 1tbl., 4
mus. ex. ( in English, Russian, Hebrew and Yiddish).

At 01:41 PM 2/27/03, AndreaPancur (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

>Shostakovitch's Song Cycle Op. 79 is based on the lyrics of yiddish folk
>songs. Who knows more about the actual folk songs (not Shostakovitch's
>composition). I'm especially loooking for:
>Dos geshtorbene kind
>Shlof, mayn kind
>Her-zshe Khasje
>Reb Elye
>Oyf dem boydem
>Der winter
>Vegn rokhves fun felder
>Oyf a lonke
>Sore, di shusterke
>Any kind of help will do, thank you!
>A. Pancur

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->