RE: Speaking of the Grammy awards

In a message dated 2/24/3 6:39:12 AM, lsklamberg (at) yivo(dot)cjh(dot)org
writes:

<<

I liked that Hairspray won for best Show Recording - apparently, the winner,

Mark Shaiman Shaiman, who wrote the show with his partner, Scott Wittman,

said in accepting his award, "For everyone out there who thinks Broadway is

nothing but Jews and gays, I have this to say: Oy gevalt; me and my lover

just won a Grammy!" My kind of guys (and the shows not bad, either).

Did you also notice that Robin Williams also did some Yiddish shtick in his
acceptance speech.  Maybe there actually was a "Jewish" catagory..it was just
disguised!
Simon