RE: Speaking of the Grammy awards

Hi, Sylvia and List

I wish! We were only a preliminary entry - in one of the "folk" categories,
rather than world music, where, if we had been a finalist,  we would have
been competing with winner Ruben Blades - what with I think six Latin music
categories available. That's ok - the folk categories (all two of them) were
won by Doc Watson and Nickel Creek, the latter of whom are really a
bluegrass act, for which there's also a specific category.

I liked that Hairspray won for best Show Recording - apparently, the winner,
Mark Shaiman Shaiman, who wrote the show with his partner, Scott Wittman,
said in accepting his award, "For everyone out there who thinks Broadway is
nothing but Jews and gays, I have this to say: Oy gevalt; me and my lover
just won a Grammy!" My kind of guys (and the shows not bad, either).

Thanks for the salute, though.

FYI, our February concert at the Concertgebouw recital hall will be
broadcast on Dutch radio in the near future - I just heard the tape - not
too shabby.

Lorin Sklamberg

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->